Ultimate Longarm Techniques Class Series 2 - Feathered Elegance
Class begins June 10th 2017
Have feathers been fluttering around in your head, but you haven’t quite mastered how to make them “soar” on your quilt?
“Feathered Elegance” is the second course offered in my 6-week online longarm series. This class is designed for students who are comfortable with rulers and have some freehand longarm experience, but don’t be afraid to jump in regardless of your skill level! If you feel this course might be a bit too advanced for you, check out Course 1: “Leaves & Curls & Curves, OH MY!”
Feathers can change a quilt from frumpy to fabulous! But without a solid understanding of how to execute them, make them fit the space, and how to plan their placement, it can be intimidating to even attempt them.
“Feather Elegance”, the second course in my Ultimate Longarm Techniques Series is all about giving you the confidence to conquer those fears, spread your wings and fly! Whether you quilt just for yourself or you quilt for others, you aren’t alone as you learn these new skills. You’ll have my support plus an entire community of quilters with which to share your questions, photos, joys and triumphs as you work through the course!
We’ll start with a discussion about how to select the proper thread and batting to make sure your feathers don’t fade into the background. This class also includes intermediate techniques like echo ruler work, cross hatching and micro fillers. You’ll stretch your boundaries, increase your skills, and have FUN! And best of all, it’s completely interactive!
How It Works…
Unlike sitting in a boring lecture hall, this interactive 6-week class will take place through a virtual private classroom on Facebook where you’ll have 24/7 access. You will work right along with me as we complete a wonderful freehand-quilted wall hanging together! You’ll discover how easy it is to dump that intimidation as we break everything down into simple, bite-size pieces with baby steps. Then you’ll see how those little baby steps will combine to help you create a masterpiece!
- You’ll receive an exclusive, free PDF pattern to download after registration and checkout so that you can piece the class sample and work right along with each video lesson.
- Each week you’ll receive a new video lesson that shows you how to easily conquer techniques step-by-step.
- You’ll have exclusive access to all of the discussions any time, day or night! You will be able to share photos and ideas with the group, and I will personally answer all your questions as you complete each lesson.
- The course doesn’t close so you can work at your own pace!
- Each lesson is designed to help you build a strong foundation while encouraging your personal creativity. I will provide different ideas as we go to help you make the quilt your own.
- We’ll use 3 of my favorite Quilter’s Groove rulers for class; with your registration you’ll receive a special discount code to save 15% off these great tools that take quilting from plain to just plain amazing!
- Watch for a welcome email from me within a few hours of your registering for a tiny change I made to the piecing of the pattern and a class supply list. :)
What You’ll Learn…
- Learn how to choose the best batting, thread and needles to help everything on your quilt work together, from feathers to cross hatching to micro fillers
- Discover how to stitch in the ditch and learn how to mark the quilt to help make ruler work fun and easy, including straight and curved cross hatching
- Learn how to quilt block and medallion designs
- Find out tricks for handling border and sashing designs
- Uncover secrets to dividing negative space to create fabulous design opportunities
- Learn about when to use micro fillers to enhance a design
- Learn more about design placement and choosing designs
Benefits for you…
- Work at your own pace, in your own home, on your own machine
- Gain experience with rulers and marking
- Feel more confident about your longarm
- Keep unlimited access to all six lesson videos
- Receive ongoing direct instructor interaction and support
- Network with other quilters and share ideas
- Use the open forum for questions and support
- Develop skills you’ve been afraid to try
- Have a finished quilt when the course is complete!
You get all this for less than the cost of a single 4-hour hands-on class at a quilting show!